As a child, I loved making my own DIY Vanilla Lavender Bath Bombs and beauty concoctions both for myself and as I got older to give as gifts. I still remember dragging my mom to the craft store so I could make jars of candy-cane striped bath salts for my friends as gifts! There is just something special about giving a gift that you created with your own hands.
Fast forward to today and I still think a beautifully crafted soap or bath bomb is a thoughtful gift and looks so pretty displayed on my bathroom shelf! Of course now, as a Dermatology PA, I am a bit (okay a lot) pickier about ingredients!
Today I’m partnering with Domino® Sugar to share with you a couple of my favorite recipes crafted with love! When creating the perfect recipe I wanted to incorporate skin-loving ingredients plus kitchen ingredients I trust. Domino® Sugar is part of the world’s largest refiner of cane sugar and is trusted amongst the most famous kitchen experts. With decades of dedication to quality, I knew that I could count on their Domino® Light Brown Sugar to make my recipes perfect! Plus, they also donate to No Kid Hungry, which is near to my heart. There are a lot of options out there but it’s important to me that, just like my skincare recommendations, my ingredients be top-notch, too!
Lavender Vanilla Sugar Bath Bomb: There is nothing I love more than a relaxing bath. I turn on my favorite podcast, drop in a nice bath bomb, and drink my cup of
wine tea! Bath bombs are something that can easily be made at home and I like to add just a TAD of essential lavender and vanilla to mine to make bath time extra calming. It’s so much fun to customize them based on your favorite ingredients! In addition to the Domino® Light Brown Sugar which on its own is moist and smells so yummy, this recipe has 100% raw, unrefined, cold-processed coconut oil to add some skin-smoothing properties to your bath!
How To Make DIY Vanilla Lavender Bath Bombs & Exfoliating Sugar Scrub Bars
Vanilla Lavender Sugar Bath Bomb Recipe:
Step by step instructions:
1. Mix coconut oil, Domino® Light Brown Sugar, citric acid, baking soda, lavender and vanilla in a large bowl using a spoon. Mix well into a doughy sand consistency. Gently fold in dried lavender flowers.
2. Using gloved hands, press mixture into preferred molds. Feel free to get creative and explore fun shapes as you wish!
3. Let mixture sit for 24 hours in molds.
4. Carefully remove from molds and add your beautiful finishing touches! Place in a cellophane or cloth bag and tie with a beautiful ribbon or display together in a beautiful bowl for easy access at bath time!
I prefer to use essential oils minimally. As these will be dropped into a large tub of water, the small amount of essential oils will allow a subtle calming aroma without irritation to the skin. However, those with sensitive skin should omit essential oils from the recipe.
Exfoliating Body Sugar Scrub Recipe:
Another favorite way to use the Domino® Light Brown Sugar is as a gentle exfoliant. When making bar soaps, adding a bit of this sugar adds a beautiful natural texture! These bars act as a moisturizing soap while gently exfoliating dead skin cells leading to more radiant-looking skin! You can add a natural food coloring if you’d like but I personally prefer natural hues to go with my bathroom vibe!
Step by Step Instructions:
- Using a vegetable-based bar soap or solid soap base, grate into a saucepan.
- Melt together the soap gratings with the coconut oil over low heat, stirring regularly.
- Gently stir in the Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- Remove from heat and stir in the essential oils.
- Fill the finished mixture into your soap molds. I use an ice tray or larger silicone ice mold. You can also choose fun molds for special occasions!
- Let set overnight and gently remove from molds.
- Get creative with wrapping! You can use brown paper and twine, printed wrapping paper or your favorite ribbon and sprig of rosemary!
Together these recipes make for a fun activity for Girls Night, the perfect handmade gifts, or simply a special treat for yourself to spruce up your bathroom counter! They’ll make your “you” time even more enjoyable and that much more special.
Comment below if you try these recipes and let me know how you like them!
*This post was created in partnership with Domino® Sugar. As always opinions are my own!