One of my most frequently asked questions is about my pregnancy skincare routine! Curious about what products I swear by and what skincare worked well for me during pregnancy? Well the wait is over! I am going to break down every step to my AM & PM Pregnancy Routine!
Let’s start with my MORNING skin routine. When it comes to my morning routine, I am ALL about hydration and protection.
1. I wash with a Benzyol Peroxide acne treatment. I love this one from Jan Marini, it assists in thoroughly cleansing my skin, without stripping it or causing excessive dryness (aka win win). It helps to keep pregnancy acne (or any acne) at bay and even helps with my occasional rosacea flare.
2. Next, I always use an eye cream! I like to apply this after cleansing to help protect the delicate skin around the eyes. Origins’ Ginzing Refreshing Eye Cream is a dream for de-puffing, while making the under-eye area also look lighter and brighter. I also add a dab of this before using concealer for extra brightening power.
3. My favorite and one of the MOST IMPORTANT steps in my morning routine is next: Vitamin C. Whether or not I am pregnant, this step is a must. Since I combat hyperpigmentation, it was pivotal that I amped up my Vitamin C game. I have been absolutely obsessed with the SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic Vitamin C serum for years. There’s a reason you see so many Derm providers rave about this one. She’s pricey but she has the clinical research to back it up. It’s a patented formula and very well-researched so dispute what INCI lists might say, there’s no true dupe.
4. My go-to morning moisturizer has been the Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Cream. This moisturizer is highly recommended by Derms, and as a bonus, is vegan and cruelty-free. This one is perfect for dry skin and they also have a gel-cream formula for normal to oily types!
5. The final step in my skincare routine (and the one I will NEVER skip) is sunscreen. I typically prefer a tinted sunscreen, like this one from EltaMD. Tinted sunscreens are better for those with hyperpigmentation as they provide a bit of extra protection form visible light. On days where I am working out, I will opt for Dr Dennis Gross’ Broad Sunscreen instead.
To be honest, my morning routine hasn’t changed much from what it was pre-pregnancy and these steps continue to work wonderfully for me. If you are struggling with hyperpigmentation or have acne-prone skin, this routine might be right up your alley as well!