For many of us, masking is a ritualistic step in our routine. Although it’s not a necessary step, I see the draw in relaxing with a good book and a face mask. Something about it just screams: ME TIME! DO NOT DISTURB!
So while I believe great skin is the result of using the right cleansers, treatment products, moisturizers and SPF consistently, I still want to highlight some amazing masks for the days you want to amp up your routine a bit.
- Clarity Rx Cold Compress Mask: I love to keep this cooling gel mask in my refrigerator to reach for when I am looking for that extra soothing sensation. With aloe vera, cucumber and chamomile, this is a mask I opt for when my skin feels like it probably can’t handle anything too active at the moment. It feels nice and leaves my skin with a plump but clean feeling. I follow it with a barrier repair moisturizer for my dry skin since it’s a gel mask! At under $30, this is a reasonable addition to your skin care shelf.
2. Skinceuticals Biocellulose Restorative Masque: This is a great sheet mask for those who just love to play with them. It’s only 2 ingredients making it great for post-procedure (depending on the procedure, always check with your provider) and sensitive skin. It can help to immediately soothe the skin so this is another one I recommend storing in the refrigerator for an added calming sensation.
3. Bioderma Sensibio: I personally use this mask once a week and recommend it to even the most sensitive patients. It feels nice on the skin, applies easily and smoothly, and when removed the skin feels dewy and hydrated. This mask comes in at under $20!
4. Replenix Biocellulose Recovery Mask: Another favorite sheet mask, I love this one for weekly or post procedure use. With hyaluronic acid and green tea polyphenols, this mask is plumping and calming. Be sure to moisturize when you remove and not to rub your face once the mask is on as it is a mesh mask. You can use code AMY25 for 25% off this one!
5. Revision Black Mask: For oily types or around the clogged t-zone if you’re otherwise dry, I love this mask rich in absorbents to help with excess oil. I recommend using a salicylic acid cleanser prior to applying this mask, especially for acne types. I don’t recommend this one for dry skin types (other than oily t-zone if applicable) or post-procedure/ sensitive skin. On sale here!
**Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This means that I may earn a small commission when you purchase via these links at no additional cost to you (thank you! It helps me keep things up and running)… As always I ONLY recommend products, goods and services that I stand behind and personally love and use.