Let me preface this post by saying that I have yet to come across a magic cream that solves all of our under eye problems. There is no magic potion to erase all the dark circles, soften all the wrinkles or de-puff all the bags. However, a beneficial eye cream is essential to a complete skin care regimen to target these under eye issues and to keep the delicate skin around the eye hydrated and protected.
I recommend an eye cream as the second step (after cleansing) BOTH morning and night. If you are a skin care junkie like myself you might have one for the am when it will be layered under sunscreen or makeup and one for nighttime when you can use a heavier, even more hydrating formulation. However, for the most part it’s perfectly reasonable to use the same eye cream morning and night and get a similar benefit without the added expense.
So, without further ado here are my TOP 5 EYE CREAMS!
- Neocutis Lumiere Riche: This eye cream is my morning eye cream of choice. I use it each day because not only is it really moisturizing for the eye area but it also acts as a primer under any makeup or concealer. It also contains caffeine and you can keep it in the fridge to aid in the de-puffing aspect. On sale HERE!
- Skinfix Barrier + Lipid-Boost 360: I use this eye cream most nights because it’s super rich and moisturizing with plenty of lipids and oils. I find that it almost has a mask like feel which I love for nighttime when I’m not concerned about putting make-up on overtop.
- PCA Sheer Tint Eye: This eye cream is a great option for your morning routine because it contains a slighty tinted SPF 30. If you’ve followed me awhile you know that this SPF is one of my favorite tinted sunscreens; and this eye option is an extension of that! Keeping any pigment around the eye protected from the sun is crucial to preventing it from worsening. Note: You can use code AMY25 to save 25%!
- Revision Skincare Revox 7: This eye cream is in a class of its own. I’ll admit I was SKEPTICAL to say the least about this one but I finally tried it and was pretty impressed. If mild expression lines around the eyes are your concern, do yourself a favor and try this eye cream! *I prefer this product to be used in the morning. Note: You can use code AMY25 save 25% on this one!
- Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic and Retinol Eye Serum: There are only a few brands I am a fan of which you can buy at big box beauty stores. Why? Because many times you are paying for an increased price for marketing and a less effective product than paying a similar price for a “medical grade” option. However, I am a big fan of DDG products. This eye gel has licorice extract (great anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and also a tyrosinase inhibitor [helps lighten pigment]) as well as the powerhouse ingredient retinol. This would be a great option for your pm routine.
Have you used any of these eye creams? What other TOP 5 lists would you like to see? Tell me below!
**Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This means that I may earn a small commission when you purchase via these links at no additional cost to you (thank you! It helps me keep things up and running)… As always I ONLY recommend products, goods and services that I stand behind and personally love and use.